SIX SIGMA QUALITY MANAGEMENT
p2i has elected to utilise the Six Sigma quality management approach. This section will compare that system to ISO 9000, bringing forth the benefits of Six Sigma methodology.
Basis of the Six Sigma System:
Six Sigma aims to reduce mistakes and defects below a standardized rate of 3.4 per million opportunities. This is accomplished by identifying and eliminating causes of variation in businesses by focusing on developing a clear understanding of customer requirements—making it very customer-focused.
The principal of Six Sigma follows the DMAIC methodology, which is defined below:
1. Define – Identify the problem, requirements, and objectives of the project.
2. Measure – The success of current processes to fully understand performance levels.
3. Analyse – Examine the measurements collected to determine the cause of variation.
4. Improve – Develop ideas to eliminate or reduce the cause and implement solutions.
5. Control – Establish standard measures to maintain performance and correct problems.